12.08.2008

A Few Little Things

Hi guys. Sorry I have been out of pocket. I didn't feel so charming last week.

First, I got a new phone last week. It is an LG Voyager from Verizon. I find it very, very cool. I took it with me to pick up my Beans from the Dog Spa on Saturday and when I left it unattended in the car with my newly married friend, she molested it. Yes, my friends, in her never ending quest to obliterate all references to her maiden name she went into my phone without my permission and changed her listing to her newly married name! She's reading this right now and I will tell you she feels no shame about it. She's proud of herself! Those of you who have known the Bee Charmer for a while know that I learn one name and that's it. I have friends from college, from law school, they have married and have MULTIPLE children but I still refer to them by their maiden names.

Second, as previously mentioned, I took the Beans to the dog spa this weekend to be buffed, fluffed and puffed. They were returned to me with ten pounds less hair and smelling like cinnamon biscuits. They are still sleeping it off because, let me tell you, the spa exhausts them.

Third, and this is just a personal observation, I am sure that if I die and go to hell, "The Little Drummer Boy" will be playing in the waiting room on a continuous loop.

Fourth, I will preface this by saying that I have no objection to filth as long as its witty. Having said that, if you haven't seen "I J*** in My Pants", go to http://www.hulu.com/ and watch it. Now. It's the Pet Shop Boys thing that kills me. And while you're there, watch "Obama Plays it Cool". Because that's what he is. He's Cool.

Fifth, JustJared posted pictures of Rachel Zoe in a spaghetti strap dress and I have to say that she's not thin, she's anorexic! It kind of scares me that she's sort of an arbiter of style because it's not attractive, it's not healthy and it's not to be emulated.

Lastly, last week I downloaded "Hope for the Hopeless" by Brett Dennen. According to Wikipedia, Rolling Stone named Mr. Dennen one of its "10 Artists to Watch" in 2007 and here I am, a year later, finally arriving late to the party. I find him groovy without being pretentious about it and I also like the nasal quality of his voice. I listened to "You're Gonna Miss Her" at least 45 times today but I like the whole album.

2 comments:

  1. Should I have felt shame? Hmmm. Even sitting here I still am not shameful. Had I found other errors, I may have very well have "fixed" those! :)

    You must admit I am the techie amongst us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are back. you were missed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails