6.03.2009

Entropy

There are days, and yesterday was one of those days, when all I can think of are all of the failures and disappointments in my past. I have failed. I have lost. I have let myself and others down. I have lied. I have hidden. I have not always been the person that I wanted to be. And on some days I look at it and I can't forgive myself and don't think that I should be forgiven.

Some days I am a kinder person. But not yesterday.

Intellectually, I know that my life today is the result of my hard work and my successes. And I absolutely know that failure and disappointment teach you lessons that cannot be learned by studying books. I know that it's not so much the falling down as it is how you get up and what you do next.

But on some days, the bad stuff is so much easier to believe. And yesterday was one of those days.

1 comment:

  1. it is nice to know that even though we can all have the "lists" of things done that we would redo, we would always be the bigger person, the nicest, the better this or that, that we can still shine and be only good to those around us because outsiders have the ability to love us as the whole package and know that the bad stuff isn't worth remembering and in not remembering for us they set us free... i see only your shiny parts...i hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails