6.30.2009

The New Couch - Really

I decided to go with the Petrie from Crate and Barrel in white. I'm showing it to you here in pink just for effect.

I also got a matching chair.

I know it's different than my original intentions seemed to suggest but I've gone in a different direction for a number of reasons:

First, Room and Board is in Atlanta, I don't want to make a special trip down there right now, I have had some bad experience with their customer service in the past and the couch I picked out there is shockingly similar, in my opinion, to the one I can't wait to get rid of. They also discontinued said sofa in the color that I need.

Now -

I've always loved the Petrie and after I started seriously thinking about it this weekend, I went back through my scrapbook and realized how many times the same or similar sofa appears in my book. I really hadn't noticed it before but I think it's telling. Also, my current tables and other furniture really soften the look so it doesn't get too George Jetson in here.

It's also the right size and I find it immensely comfortable.

The fact that it's white gives me heart palpitations. It seems so frivolous to me, buying a white sofa. Suffice it to say that such craziness is not undertaken in Appalachia. I'm sure my mother will think I've lost my mind. Kinda exciting, though! The white couch, I mean, not my mother thinking I've lost my mind. She's thought that for a long while, I think, and it's sorta true but that's a whole other blog.

Back. To. The. Couch.

They are delivering it next Thursday.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails