Ok - so summer is here and the hunt for the perfect self-tanner continues.
At least for me.
Some of you may still be baking yourselves in the sun - or heaven forbid, the tanning booth - and to y'all I just have to say "Quit it."
I read about the Sephora Tinted Self-tanning Body Mist on another blog (and I cannot remember which one) but the review was good so I decided to try it.
Here's my breakdown:
- The color is very natural
- It is easy to apply, goes on super quickly and the coverage is great
- It dries very quickly and if you take care when you're spraying it on, it doesn't streak
- My 'hard to tan' areas (ankles, toes, knees, etc) look very natural
- Since you spray it on, it doesn't get all over the palms of your hands (washing self tanner off of my hands after application has always been a big pain to me)
- The 'tan' lasts for 3-4 days
- The fade is very natural and your legs don't look diseased by the end
- It may stain a little, but it washes out beautifully
- It doesn't smell 'chemically' (and maybe this should be number one with a bullet). It smells like suntan lotion but it is not cloying. I actually enjoy it as I would a nice perfume.
- The cost: It's $15 for the can
- I've only been able to get about 3 applications per can
- It gets all over the place when you spray it on - I apply in my stand alone and enclosed shower so it contains the mess - if you don't have a stand alone shower, you may have an issue with it