11.16.2009

A Nook for My Books


I think I should start by saying that I was firmly "anti" technology.

I didn't have a cell phone for years. I didn't even own a microwave - my mother finally bought one for me because she wanted to use it when she visited.

Anyway - at some point - I fell off the wagon.

Personally, I think my first laptop did it for me. Something about sitting on your butt or laying on the couch and surfing the internet - well, I got bitten by the bug.

Then came the DVR - the coolest technological advance known to man.

Then the Ipod, which I swore I would never use and now am COMPLETELY addicted to.

Last week, I ordered the MacBook Air, which will arrive next week. I didn't go to the store and buy it because I didn't want to deal with the people. And I wasn't even planning to buy it online. I just need a new laptop and I thought ... I wonder... And then I hit "buy" and one is on its way.

I bought it because I wanted something light enough that I could more easily take my laptop with me...everywhere. "Cause that's how much I love it.

But that's not enough for me, gentle readers....

Saturday I ran into Barnes and Noble to buy a book on how to use my MacBook. The next thing I know, I want a Nook.

My two best friends have Kindles and really like them.

I have been resistant, because I really like books. I like they way the look and the way they feel and I like the way they are laying around all over my house. But having said that, not every book is a keeper and I have come to see the benefit of downloadable media.

But I don't like the look of the Kindle.

But then I saw the Nook.

Its pretty and we know what that does to me. I am ALL about the pretty.

Then I read this great review of it... And I'm sold.

I think I found my birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails