11.09.2009

The Stairwell

I know that y'all have just been dying to see the stairwell!

You remember what it looked like before: Builder's Beige and Home Depot Bargain Basement Builder's Grade Banisters (say that five times fast)


And here it is now:

I had the stairwell painted the same color as the rest of my downstairs - Tuscan Beige by Behr.

And I painted the banisters white.
At first I couldn't decide what to do with the banisters, because I hated them with a red hot passion.
I got a quote on having them all ripped out and replaced - but in the end, I didn't think replacing them would be a good investment.
Then I got a quote on having them professionally painted - $300.00.
Now I am willing to throw money at problems, but when it comes to something that I can paint myself - well - I just couldn't do it.
So for the price of a quart of paint and some blood, sweat and tears, I got a much cleaner look - or at least one I can live with. I also happen to think that it works more cohesively with the rest of the moldings in my place.

I must warn you that it was a miserable job and I hated every minute of it. It took three days and three coats - including one coat of oil based primer - but it looks clean and bright and I'm kind of a little proud of it. And the professional painter told me that I did a good job (when he was here to paint the kitchen) and that made it all the better.

1 comment:

  1. Be careful of jewelry scraping off the paint. Mine were painted black by a professional and it looks horrible 6 months later...it has to be redone. Need a job?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails