5.25.2009

Memorial Day Projects


I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.

This morning I decided to celebrate one of the joys of home ownership - maintenance and upkeep.

I know - ya'll are all "Yay!" about that because, after all, what are long weekends for if not home maintenance? And don't we all enjoy it so much?

But I am getting ahead of myself.

Let's go back for a moment.

On February 26 my builder came to my house and fixed the nail pops and cracks in my upstairs ceilings. The guest bathroom and third bedroom had several and the master bedroom tray ceiling needed work.

Since February, there have been large areas of drywall mud covered patches that needed to be sanded and painted.

I know ya'll can't believe I put that off. But I did. I just tried not to look up and pretended it wasn't there.

Until today.

Right now I am sitting covered in a fine coating of drywall dust. It is under my fingernails and in my nose and ears. Also? My face is covered in paint splatter from the overhead painting.

HOWEVER - the upstairs ceilings have been sanded and painted and the entire upstairs has been vacuumed and dusted and I feel a sense of happiness and accomplishment.

If my law career ever hits the skids I think I could earn a living at drywall.

Here's a shot:

What's that you say? You don't see anything? That's because I ROCK at drywall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails