1.06.2009

Feeling Gifted

You may have noticed that I didn't mention all the Christmas presents I got this year. That's because I asked for gift cards so I could buy stuff for my house.

I ordered things for the two as yet undecorated rooms in the house, and as fate would have it, everything got here in the past couple of days. I want to show ya'll, but these rooms are not finished, so bear with me.

First, we have a nifty new headboard for the twin bed in my third bedroom. This turned out even better than I thought it would. Thank you Mom and Daddy! Now that the headboard, bedding and side table are in place, I think this room is going to come together pretty quickly, so stay tuned for a full tour in the near future.



And here we have a glimpse of my master bathroom. Basically, I moved into the house last March, put my stuff in the cabinets and have not really touched this room since. It is builder's beige and blah. However, a couple of weeks ago I think I finally got a bead on the direction I want to go in here. As a first step, I bought this big, fluffy white bath rug from Crate and Barrel. Now I realize that buying a white rug isn't exactly bold, but ya'll don't need to be snarky about it. Big thank you to my sister for the gift card from my happy place!



I am going to follow up on both of these rooms in the future, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Who knew I'd embrace the color purple at such a late stage?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails