4.14.2009

And Then I Walked Into A Palm Tree

I think I picked a good place to come on vacation.

This seems like a good place to go away, get lost, fall off.

I feel like a very small person on a very small island in a big world.

My life seems really far away, which isn't necessarily good. However, for the next few days it isn't really bad.

I am happy to report that I have done nothing for the past three days except lay around and eat. That's not really true. I have walked four miles every day since I've been here and yesterday I had a massage. But then I went right back to laying around.

We have had some really good meals so far. Sunday night we went to Michael's where we had great service, good food and some really expensive martinis. I had rack of lamb and a lobster tail. We also had beef carpaccio as an appetizer. There was a time in my life when I would not have been excited about raw meat, however, that time has now passed.

Last night we ate a Cafe Marquesa, which was beyond lovely. The dining room was just so beautiful and I enjoyed by yellow tailed snapper. My darling friend had lamb again and pronounced it not as good as the lamb at Michael's. I didn't so much care, thanks in large part to the French Martini that I had.

Yeah, I ordered it just because of the word "French" but trust me, my enjoyment level was not hindered in any way. It was quite tasty.

Tonight we have a reservation at Pisces, about which we've heard good things.

We are committed to getting up in the morning and spending the day in town. I'll let you know if we make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails