4.05.2009

Etsy Saved My Life

By now we are all well aware of my slightly obsessed and vaguely neurotic search for the perfect living room throw pillows. I could muster up some faux embarrassment about this but I'm too far gone.

Last month I enlisted the help of a very nice lady at Calico Corners who tried to help me locate some fabric with which to have pillows made. Despite her efforts we weren't able to find what I wanted. And frankly the $389 estimate she gave me to have 3 pillows made was, in and of itself, cause for pause.

Around the same time, I was doodling around on Etsy and found some pillow covers that I liked and that were what I thought I wanted but couldn't find in Charlotte - or anywhere else, for that matter. Since 2 sixteen inch pillow covers cost $30 I figured - What the Hoo.

I paypalled the woman $36 - which covered the covers and $6 to ship them from England.

Three weeks later - Voila!

They are perfect!

I can't believe it. I also don't know what I'm going to do with all my free time now that I don't have to shop for living room throw pillows.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails