4.14.2009

Supper and Vacation


We ate dinner tonight at Pisces.

It was pretty cool and very expensive, although, frankly, we've done more damage.

I started out with a peach bellini. I love bellinis, even though I don't so much love the champagne. It was cold and crisp and I limited myself to one, even though I could've gone for another.

I had the grouper special, with a dijon sauce, lobster and pancetta.

Now. For the information you've all really been waiting for: the waiter was a biscuit. I could've just smooched him up.

The decor was a little spotty. The place was small and the original Warhol prints cost a fortune, but then they had cheapy cheap curtains from KMart. I love the 'high end/low end' mix, but there is an art to it and the lovely people at Pisces missed the mark. I know I'm a design snob but would have a nice simple drape from Pottery Barn been asking too much?

I don't think so.

Tomorrow we are headed into town to have lunch at Blue Heaven, shop around for a while and then catch the sunset at Mallory Square.

1 comment:

  1. jealousy abounds. what fun you are having! i hope you had a lunch/brunch at blue heaven, if memory serves me they have a great breakfast amidst the wildlife...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails