12.07.2009

Charleston

Charleston was GREAT! I can't remember a little trip that I have enjoyed more!!

We stayed at the lovely, historic Francis Marion Hotel on King Street and boy, did they take care of us. If you are headed down there, please stay at the Francis Marion! Conveniently located, staff is wonderful and such a beautiful place. Spend a little extra and get a room with a view. We had a view of the park and all the way to the ocean. So lovely!


Our first night, we ate at Blossom Cafe, which I love. It's the third time I've eaten there and let me tell you, I ate everything that didn't eat me first. I had rare yellow fin sesame tuna for an appetizer and a lovely, pepper crusted steak with sweet potato hash for dinner. And some kind of trifle for dessert. Our waiter, Mark, was just excellent and we had a great time.


This is the interior at Blossom. The ceiling rafters are awesome and they have a copper bar. The Bee Charmer comes from a long line of copper aficionados, y'all!

Saturday morning was raw and rainy and gray, but despite this, it was Charleston, so we didn't so much care. We put on our raincoats and grabbed our umbrellas and headed out down King Street for some happy time shopping. I didn't really buy anything, but I had such a nice time looking.

The one thing I did buy was a Diptyque Candle at Christian Michi.

They're expensive, but I can't find them in Charlotte and life is too short for cheap candles.

After an arduous morning, we made our way to High Cotton for lunch and I pretty much ate everything they had, too.

Seared salmon with sweet potato, leek and mushroom ragout. And a lovely little sauvingnon blanc. And a chocolate bomb for dessert.

I had never eaten at High Cotton, but I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. They take good care of you.


Finally, on Saturday night we had reservations at my favorite place in the world, Slightly North of Broad - or SNOB.

I had a poached pear salad as a starter and crab cakes for dinner. I think there was some kind of sweet potato something included in that, too. And a pinot noir. And a bourbon.

If you've never been to Charleston, GO! If you've been there, but not for a while, GO BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails