12.03.2009

Method Cleaning Products

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to try to go a little "greener". In pursuit of this goal, I decided to give Method Cleaning Products a try. They are all natural, environmentally safe cleaning products. I have not tried all of them, but I have been happy with the ones I have tried.

Truthfully, I was skeptical. My definition of "clean" is a little different than that of others - at least that's what I think. My best friend says I'm - I can't remember the word she uses - something that's more tactful than "freakish" - and I can't really disagree.

I can't impose order on the world, but I can clean the crap out of my house - so deal with it.

Anywhoooo...

I am happy to report that Method Cleaning products really work and work well.

Also? They smell really good. Clean but not flowery or medicinal and I really like that. The house smells clean but not lysol-ly.

These are the ones that I can recommend to the class:

First up, we have the Method Multi-Purpose cleaner.

I bought this specifically for use in the bathroom, and it does a really good job. I use it for the counter tops, the fixtures, the mirrors and - here's the kicker - the shower stall. My mirrors were streak free and it cut the crap off the counter tops. The shower stall is where it really sold me because it did an excellent job - better than anything else I've tried - environmentally friendly or otherwise - in getting rid of water stains and dried soap. And it didn't leave a film, which has been a problem with other products in the past. It's also nice to have one product that does a multitude of tasks. It saves money and it's easier to store. Overall, an excellent product.



Next, we have two other bathroom products, Le Scrub and Lil' Bowl Blu. They have similar "clean" smells but, again, not flowery or perfumey.

I use Le Scrub to scrub le bathtub and le sinks.

It contains ground granite particles so it is finely gritty and safe for my non-scrubbable tub. It cuts the soap film from the tub and the toothpaste and the hairspray buildup from the sink without having to expend too much energy. And it rinses very easily. Again, a very nice, good smelling product that does the job. You don't even miss the chemicals and the stuff that's bad for our environment.

I use the Lil' Bowl Blu - obviously - to keep the toilets clean. I have to say that this is not the most impressive product that I've ever used for this task and that I have a continuing mildew problem. I will also say that I live in the South and it has been my past experience that mildew happens in the South, I don't care if you're putting napalm in there. I think it is a little more manageable when you use a cleaning product that contains bleach. However, it's not that much better so I've decided to do a little extra work and be kind to the environment. Also, again, and I know I keep bringing this up, it smells really good and if you're going to take on a less than pleasant task, you may as well have a product that leaves you with a clean smelling bowl.

And this is neither here nor there, but both Le Scrub and Lil' Bowl Blu have cutesy little bottles.

Next, we have the Smarty Dish dishwasher detergent - and I love it. My friend Sarah told me about it and it took me a while to actually find it in captivity. The only noticeable difference between this and the stuff I used to use is that I think my flatware has more water spots than it used to but overall the dishes are super clean and I have no real complaints.


Last, we have the Daily Granite cleaner, which I use for the granite counter tops in my kitchen. I had been cautioned against using non-granite specific cleaners and prior to Method I had tried another eco-friendly granite cleaner that left a film all over everything. Daily Granite has a clean, citrusy smell and it gets the granite clean and leaves it shiny and taken care of. And that's really all I can ask for.

So there you have it. If you've been thinking about changing I think you can use these products without fear. And your house will smell good.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm going to have to check out the granite cleaner and the multi-purpose. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails