4.01.2011

Happy Friday


TGIF!!!

This week has gone by really fast - at least to me. 

It was remarkable in a couple of ways.

First, my boss has been gone for the first week of his three week vacation and I haven't freaked out - not once.  I think it's because I've been too busy and aggravated to dwell on the fact that he's not around.  But in any event, I'd rather be busy and aggravated than have the "Bob's gone, my stomach hurts" anxiety that often goes with his absence, so I'm counting the week as a victory.

Second, despite the fact that it has been cold, nasty, gray and raining in Charlotte since last Saturday, I have not complained, pouted or whined but have actually enjoyed it.  Can I just tell y'all that I found enjoying the weather so much more, well, enjoyable, than complaining about it.   You see, we had been enjoying gorgeous spring weather here in Charlotte - with warm air, sunshine and lots and lots of flowers.  But you know, it's March - so anything goes.

And when the weather turned, I just thought:  You may as well just snuggle down and enjoy being warm and cozy because come July when you're roasting - cool weather is going to sound pretty good. 

So I took hot bubble baths.  And wore my boots.  And kept the extra blanket on my bed to snuggle snuggle snuggle.  And I came home from work to my warm fire in my fire place.  And I enjoyed the rain and the cold. 

And spring will be back this weekend - and I'm sure I'll enjoy that, too. 

So thanks for stopping by this week.  Snuggle down or frolic in the sun this weekend. 

And I'll see you on Monday.

xoxo - Tonya
Image:  Morning Droplets by Jude McConkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails