10.31.2011

Happy Monday


I hope everyone had a great weekend.

It was absolutely beautiful here in Charlotte this weekend. 

It was gray and overcast all day on Friday and finally started to rain late.  Can I just tell you how wonderful it is to me to be at home on Friday night, having had accomplished all I needed to this week at work?  I smooched 2 Beans, took a really hot bath, an ambien and went to B.E.D.  I rolled over some time around 6 (I think) and heard hard rain on the roof and it was so lovely to be in my warm bed and know that I didn't have to get up or go anywhere.  Absolutely divine.  And I had a whole pot of coffee when I got up.

Then it cleared up and was beautiful.

I tended to some personal maintenance this weekend - which is to say I got a hair cut and had my nails and toes done.

You know, there is NOTHING fun about getting your nails done.  It's such a chore.  But L.A. said "We're not getting our Shellac done anymore, I see?" which I took to be my cue to go take care of my business.  So now I'm manicured.  And my toes are also done.  But I didn't enjoy it. 

I also took naps all weekend and tried to read my latest book but I'm not doing well with it.  I'm 1/4 of the way into The Invisible Man and I just want it to be over.  And I feel bad about it because, you know, I'm aware of the fact that I'm reading a masterpiece.  But I am to the point of wanting to read some trash.  I'm gonna push through, though.  I'm hardcore! 

Also?  The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders:  Making the Team, Season 6 is back on CMT!  My favorite show!  Maybe ever!!!  OMG!  It is such a lovely little guilty pleasure to me.  I DVR'd it on Thursday night and it was waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday.

Do you see why I'm single?  That's a fun Friday night to me:  DCC, bath, kiss 2 corgis, Ambien, bed.

*heavy sigh*

I hope it's a great week!  Wish me luck, I'm throwing my hat in another ring this week.

xoxo - Tonya
Image:  Autumn Leaves by Laughter and Love Photography.

3 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a fabulous Friday night all around! I miss having my nails done, and my baths and my books. How is it that this man has managed to take up all of my time? I probably need to make some adjustments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you about it. Nuthin' all that exciting. But you know, it takes very little to stress me out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails