10.05.2010

This Charming House


Generally speaking, Pottery Barn is not my scene. 

But I do think they have excellent rugs, window treatments and table wear. 

The curtains in the downstairs part of my house are all Peyton Drapes from Pottery Barn.   They are lined, well priced and come in a variety of colors, widths and lengths. 

When I consulted with the decorator, she suggested that I not hang drapes in my sunroom and I agreed with her at the time.  However, after living with the room for a while now, I have finally come to the conclusion that it's missing something and that something is a little drapery.  Therefore, I'm headed back to Pottery Barn for some Peyton Drapes for that room.  Just a couple of panels for each end of the windows to give it a little softness.  I'll post photos when I'm done. 

5 comments:

  1. I like their drapes too - I have some gold silk shantung panels in my living room. I need new ones for my bedroom, I just can't pick a color due to my inane fear of commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the "wheat" velvet drapes in my "great room" that has a wall of windows. I got four panels - two for the end and two that i keep in the middle somewhere. I also got the linen sheers to go closest to the windows - FAB! I wanted to keep the wall of windows open, but it took it toll on the a/c bill. At least that was the reason i justified spending the money... have fun and can't wait for the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am generally not a Pottery Barn fan either, but they have some lovely slipcovered headboards. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pottery Barn, though it is a bit impersonal....And a smidge above my paygrade, alas, but I think lovely curtains do wonders for a sun room...more like a room...ROOM...I'm sure they'll look fab !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I mention that the curtains are on sale? Always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails