5.18.2011

Paris - Part IV

On Thursday, we started out at the Pompidou Centre. I have been there before, but I have to say that I really, really enjoyed it this time. I think I've developed more of an appreciation of modern art over the years.




My favorite piece was a new acquisition, an untitled Mark Rothko from 1966.  It made me cry...


They also had a very cool Cy Twombly:


An untitled piece by Christopher Wood -


And this one called Figure 5, 1960 by Jasper Johns (also a favorite of mine) -


After art, we went upstairs to George's and had brunch - it's probably the priciest place that we ate while there, but the view is wonderful and the food was amazing -


Bread and olives and champagne.  What's not to love?


And lovely eggs Benedict for brunch.


And of course, the view -

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'm evolved enough at this point to enjoy modern art. I am not moved at all by any of it that I've seen.

    I am, however, moved by the eggs Benedict that you had for brunch. Lordy be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy this place at all the first time I went, but especially in the last 3 years or so I have just become SO into modern art. I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails