1.30.2012

Happy Monday

I went to Charleston, South Carolina this weekend and I have eaten more pork products that anyone really ought to in one long weekend. 

I mean, really.

We ate at Husk again.  Have I told you about Husk?  They put rendered pork fat in the butter.  In. The.Butter. 

They also grind it up and put it in the hamburger meat.  So when you order the burger - the bacon is already in there. 

And this weekend we found out they also mix bacon in with the pimento cheese!  Bacon!  In the pimento cheese!

How do I know this, you ask?  'Cause I ate ALL of it.  I went for lunch and dinner. 

And do you know what I ordered at dinner?  Do you? 

A pork chop!  I'm sorry to say that the irony escaped me at the time. 

Aside from the pork report, we had an excellent time, the weather was divinely perfect AND we drank a lot. 

Needless to say, I'm going back to the gym this week.......
Image:  Laughing Pig by Justamoment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails