1.11.2012

This Charming Bookshelf


Ok - even though I haven't written (yet) about my New Year's Resolutions (I'm still formulating them - what can I say?  I have no gumption this year although I'm trying) I have decided on this year's book list - from the Time 100 list. 

Here they are:

The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood

The Spy Who Came In From the Cold by John Le Carre'

All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren

The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles

The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis

Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara

Money by Martin Amis

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

Under the Net by Iris Murdoch

Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

I did very well with this resolution last year - finishing 10 of the 12 that I picked and also reading 10 more from the list - not bad - but I'll bore you with all that later. 

In any event - here I go again with an extravagant reading list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails