12.14.2008

Happy Christmas Surprise

I headed over to Joseph-Beth Booksellers yesterday to check out their 2009 Calendar selection. I swear I didn't go there to look at the coffee table books. But, circumstances being what they are and things happened and why go to a book store if you aren't going to browse??? And I found this. Oceanscapes by Debra Bloomfield.

Ya'll, I think these are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of pictures.

I love the ocean but I have never been able to find many photographs that capture the feeling that I get from looking at the water, until now. Ms. Bloomfield's photographs are of the ocean and the sky. No land, no people, just glorious water and air. They are breathtaking.

I was so in love with these photographs that I decided to check out some of Ms. Bloomfield's other works and discovered that she published a book of photos of the desert southwest a few years ago. Luckily for me, if was on sale at Amazon. I will let you know how I feel about it once it arrives. In the meantime, I thought I'd show you a little bit more of Ms. Bloomfield's work...



1 comment:

  1. the top picture makes me think of the perfect field of grass with nothing but sky above, being ocean makes all the more surreal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails