12.22.2008

House Tour Part IV

Today we are going to tour the sunroom. I have some issues in taking pictures of the sunroom because when it's sunny, all of my pictures are overexposed. However, I did have an opportunity to snap some at sundown on Friday night, so here we are.



This is my Barcelona Chair. I love it. I bought it from a guy on Craigslist who had decided to redecorate his uptown condo. My original hope was that Finn would adopt it as his "man chair" but so far his attention has been limited. Of the two of them, Finn definitely gives it more attention than Lola does as she will sit in it only if I sit in it with her. It needs a little TLC and it is going off to the upholsterer in January to have some of its straps reinforced, if nothing else. I had thought I might have the cushions redone, but I am currently rethinking that decision. If I go through with it I'll be sure to post update pictures. The important thing to remember in all of this is that it is a boon to everyone when bachelors redecorate.


Here is a shot of the full room. I like the way it turned out. The pillows were a little dicey for a while and let me tell you, the humble throw pillow can really be your friend. This room was OK until the pillows came but they really pulled it together for me and the lesson to be learned is that accessories make all the difference! The other big element is the Noguchi coffee table! I was lamenting ordering one from DWR (for reasons previously noted) but then I stumbled upon this one at Metro over on Morehead Street. It was the last one in captivity so I snapped it right up. And if you haven't been over to Metro you should go check it out. They are closed on Sunday, which is a little bit of a bummer, but they have incredibly cool mid-century modern pieces, including very cool lamps and pillows, so its worth a drop by on a busy Saturday or maybe during lunch.


And finally, here is a shot of the Beans lounging by the door. It was almost 70 degrees here on Friday so we took the opportunity to enjoy the air. They really like to lie around in doorways and watch what goes on outside, for reasons I don't really understand. I suppose it's sort of like Corgi television. Suffice it to say that it keeps them occupied and out from under foot for long periods of time, and like any good mother, I employ it to my advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails