12.16.2008

House Tour Part III

I have never been a person who saw the world in terms of black and white but I have never met a black and white print that I didn't L.O.V.E. Proof of this love is on full display in my dining room.
My father is absolutely bumfuzzled by this room. Apparently, it has never occurred to him that a person would do this, let alone one that grew up in his house. This is not the first time I have defied his expectations but it's the first time it has been so graphically displayed (he also doesn't understand why I'm not married, but that's a whole other enchilada). The first time he saw it, he just stood in the door way and stared at it for a long, long time. Then he asked me why I would do such a thing and didn't I think it needed a little "color". Now when he visits, he always spends some time pondering the dining room. Mom says he tells everyone about it. Go figure.
This is my little wine caddie which I got at Target many many years ago. I am ridiculously in love with it for reasons that I don't quite understand.
Here's a nice picture of my lamp and mirror. The cost of the lamp made my stomach hurt from the time that I bought it until I got it home. Once it was sitting on my sideboard, I no longer cared how much it cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails