5.21.2010

Happy Friday


Hey!

I've got COURT this morning!  Can you believe that?  Court on Fridays should be illegal.  Especially if you're me.

I'm just sayin'.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I have a bunch of "mall errands" that I need to run, so I'm gonna get up bright and early on Saturday and get over there before it gets too awfully crazy.  These are generally happy errands that involve picking up kitchen soap at Sur La Table, Philosophy shower gel, Aveda shampoo, L'Occitane Lavender bath salts, stopping into Anthropologie to absorb some "French", checking out the sale rack at J. Crew, the shoe section at Nordstrom, the pretty at Kate Spade and finally, swinging by the Apple store to absorb some cool. 

You know, FUN! 

Then I need to hit up the Target and take a patio umbrella stand back to West Elm.

West Elm is particularly dangerous for me these days.  For years, I've pretty much ignored it, but lately it seems I want to buy almost everything in there.

And Kate Spade.  Ah, Kate Spade.  I went in there on an errand during lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was almost so good I couldn't stand it.  I felt like that scene in Willy Wonka where they go in the room with the chocolate river and everything is made out of candy.  That's the way it was at Kate Spade.  Except with handbags!  And sparkly jewels!  And satin shoes!  Heaven!  

Charlotte is welcoming NASCAR racing fans beginning this weekend and will carry on through to the CocaCola 600 or whatever it is next weekend.  The Cup race is this weekend.  Basically this means we are inundated with race fans and I, for one, just try to stay out of it.  Just like last weekend, when the NRA Convention was in town.

They were here.  I was hiding in my living room.   Apparently Newt Gingrich, Glen Beck and Sarah Palin were all in town telling all the Tea Partiers to take the country "back". 

Back from what?  Back from who?  Back to when? 

I mean, if you're not a rich white guy or his mealymouthed wife - is "back" a place you really want to go?  I think not. 

Moving on!

All in all, I am pretty excited to have a quiet and errand filled weekend, wherein house cleaning will probably be involved.  I also need to save up my energy because Sex and the City 2 premieres next weekend! 

YAY! 

I'm a Sex and the City groupie, so it is safe to say that I will be seeing it for the first (and most likely NOT the last) time next weekend.  I read another blog today that said it was almost like Christmas morning and I thought she had a good point.

See, I'm not interested in going back anymore.  I only want today and the hope of tomorrow.  And I want to wear appropriately cute shoes.  

So keep your backs to the wall and your noses down this weekend.

And I'll see you on Monday.
Image:  Extra Extra by Shannon Blue Photography.

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing the movie on Wednesday night...some clients were nice enough to invite me to an advanced screening...can't wait! Hope that you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have a wonderful fun filled weekend ahead! enjoy!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I'm with you - I tell my husband I'm going on "errands", but it involves a lot of fun shopping - and purchases! Cathy :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails