5.17.2010

Happy Monday!


I hope everyone had a great couple of days.

I was in a little bit of a funk this weekend.  Not too bad.  Probably just laid around too much.

Saturday I ran some errands which resulted in an uninterrupted dog food supply and the retrieval of a new iPad case that I ordered on Etsy and which was shipped from Hong Kong.  I'm not really all that much in love with it.  I like the design and the color but it's just cheap.  Cheap and from Hong Kong.  I don't know what I expected when I paid $29.99 for it, but there it is. 

Also?  Picking up a package from Hong Kong that came certified mail was a new experience for me.  I was surprised the nice lady at the post office didn't take me into the back room and water board me for more information.  Seriously, I have never had to go through so much rigamarole to pick up a package. 

Saturday night I watched He's Just Not That Into You on HBO.  I'd never seen it and it was cute.  Some parts of it were cuter than others.  The main thing I got out of it is that I have never gotten and still don't get what the big deal is about Scarlett Johannson.  I really just don't get why she is considered such a sex bomb.  Other than the boobs.  I mean, it's clear she's got boobs. 

Moving on....

Sunday I vacuumed the car out and then washed it. 

For the first time in many, many moons. 

I vacuum it out frequently but I haven't hand washed it in probably 7 years.  I usually just take it to Autobell.  I don't know why I decided to do it, but it's done and I feel quite accomplished and my right hand hurts from all of the scrubbing of the caked on grime that Autobell just doesn't ever get.  And I got enough dog hair out of the back seat and floor boards to make another Corgi. 

I need to buy another car but I am so not into the idea of paying $34,000.00 for something that Finn and Lola will trash and cover in doggie nose juice.  I've been going over and over it in my head.  I'd like to keep my old car (just to haul them around in), but parking in my neighborhood is at a premium.  I think the answer is to buy a crate for them and *gasp* crate them when they're in the car.  They'll hate it, but I think it may be the only solution. 

On Sunday evening,  I watched An Education on pay-per-view.  What a great film!  So beautiful.  I remember when I was that stupid and although I'm glad I've learned a few things, I kind of envy the ability to be so hopeful and so clueless at the same time.  I ordered Lynn Barber's book halfway through.  I'm excited to get it.  

And I suffered with sneezing and itchy eyes all weekend because my allergies are ka-illing me.  With a capital K.  Thank God for Allegra - but still?  Not fun. 

I've got Court today.  Woo-Hoo.  Or Woo-freakin'-hoo, as the case may be.  As for the rest of the week, we'll have to see how it goes.   
Image:  Monday Tulips by Liz Rusby Photographs.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Scarlett Johanson. One thing that does truly bug me, her voice. I know it's petty but I just can't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm so glad you loved An Education!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails