5.11.2010

This Charming House


Since we moved in, I've been toying with the idea of putting a table or an ottoman over between the green chairs by the fireplace.  I was a little hinky about it because I didn't want it to be "world of little tables" in there.

Lately, my friend, Sarah, has been prodding me to add a table to that side of the room so I sort of stepped up my thinking about it and began to shop with an eye toward adding an occasional table.

Last week I dropped by West Elm to look for a patio umbrella and spotted this little bone topped table.  I guess I proved myself right because once I saw it, I wasn't the least bit worried about whether it would "go" over there or not.  It's a wonderful size and height, the "x" base makes it sturdy and the bone top is glamorously textural, at least in my opinion. 


Saturday afternoon I went back to West Elm with my parents and went ahead and got it and I love it in the room.  It has really brought a balance to that area and I can't believe the difference it made.  Instead of making it feel "busy" it makes it feel "finished".  It doesn't block the fireplace and now you have somewhere to put your drink. 

I couldn't be happier.

And as you can tell, Lola Bean approves, too.

5 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails