5.10.2010

Happy Monday


How's it going out there?

We had a really nice weekend. 

Friday night I went to my friend Bobby G's 40th birthday party and saw and caught up with some old friends.  It was very nice. 

Saturday and Sunday morning my parents were here.  We had a couple of nice meals and I introduced them to the wonders of West Elm and IKEA.  My mother pronounced all the furniture at West Elm "too little" and they were generally overwhelmed by IKEA, which I think is par for the course on your first visit.  I think they got some storage ideas for their garage and my Dad was digging the kitchen setups.  Hopefully, he will be inspired to use them to finish the kitchenette down in his man-cave.  He took a catalog home with him.

On Sunday the weather was fantastic and the Beans and I hung out all day.  I had my 90 minute massage - shut up, I need them.  I think it helped bring down my general level of nervous tension, with which I have been afflicted since last Wednesday. 

Seriously, there are days when your desire to take a xanax is greater than other days.  I had a couple of them last week. 

Anyway, my stress last week was caused by an embarrassment of riches, so I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. 

I took a really late shower on Sunday and washed all the massage oil out of my hair.  Did you ever notice that after a while, all the massage oil just starts to feel itchy and strange?  I didn't want to go to bed feeling itchy and strange, so I took an 8:30 shower and then blew my hair out. 

I was also a busy blogger this weekend and I've done more posts than usual.  In particular, we're celebrating turbans (and other headdresses) this week in honor of Helen Van Patterson-Patton (and she knows who she is).  So stick around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails