7.11.2011

Happy Monday


Hi!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I had an OK weekend.  Saturday was fine.  Sunday was rough.  Friday kinda sucked. 

*heavy sigh*

I suppose one shouldn't expect to always be happy and content, huh?

I took Friday off because I am sucking air at work right now.  I am really miserable.  And it's not my office or my job it's just..... my joooobbbbbb......

I'm sure that doesn't make any sense. 

Basically, I get to a point (about once a year) where I just need to walk away and not think about being a lawyer for one full week.  I also need to lie on a beach while I do this and it helps if a certain amount of vodka is involved.  I'm doing this in about a month but until then, I just have to muddle through.  But I'm telling you all right now, its not easy for me.  And I don't know how to make it better. 

Back to Friday, though. 

I took the day off and had grand plans and then on Thursday night my left eye started to bother me and by bed time it was a full blown mess. 

It hurt and watered all night - so I didn't sleep - and then for most of the day Friday is hurt and watered and would not tolerate any light. 

So no contacts, no makeup, no reading, no TV, no nuthin'. 

I Googled 'eye infections' and there are three types:  Pink Eye - which I ruled out due the absence of itching and mucous-y discharge and styes which I've had on and off for my whole life and know what for. 

That left the third kind - which fit all my symptoms - and the all knowing internet said that basically all one could do for it was apply hot compresses.  So I did that.  I lay in the dark like a vampire all day Friday and put hot compresses on my left eye.  By late afternoon it was much better....

But so much for my 'fun Friday'. 

And Sunday I just had my regular general nervous tension that comes on from time to time and makes me miserable. 

Is it weird that I just want a dark, dreary, rainy weekend?  I think the neverending sunshine is driving me crazy!

So anyway - I have court this morning and I'm trying not to dread it, but I am.  I don't know why, either.  I've been a lawyer for ever.  I go to court at least once a week.  You'd think I'd get over it at some point but I'm still waiting for that.  I don't think it will ever happen.

I'm gonna take my book and hope for the best.

xo - Tonya
Image:  Samaras by Honeytree.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you had a rough weekend. : (
    Keep your eye on the prize...the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call gloomy Sundays "The Long Dark Sunday of the Soul." :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails