7.27.2011

This Charming Kitchen


I bought a new colander at Ikea this weekend. 

I know, calm down, it's too much excitement to take on a Wednesday afternoon.  You'll all have to take pills. 

But -

I'm excited about it.  I have one that dates 'pre-divorce' and I bought it at the Teeter and really, the only reason I took it with me was because I think he wanted it.....  And I wasn't above a little bitterness at the time.  I figure if the only thing I took out of spite was a cheap colander, he made out pretty well.

Anywho.....

Last weekend when I made the bolognaise, as I was draining the pasta in my too small and too shallow colander - I thought "You need to ask for a nice colander for Christmas".

And then on Sunday I went to Ikea and I found this one. 

Huge, deep, heavy, well made - $14.95. 

That, my friends, is a blessing when you least expect one. 

2 comments:

  1. hehehe...you devil you! Taking that colander because you thought he may want it. Excellent move. However, I'm so pleased to hear that you have a fancy pants one that you adore now. Having good kitchen "utensils" is so nice.

    If only we had an Ikea in Smalltown, VA (gee...have you heard that before? hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, if you want to road trip to the Charlotte IKEA ... it IS a tourist attraction. And I have been known to travel for IKEA tourism from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails