7.14.2011

This Charming Kitchen

I've been feeling rather Southern lately - whatever the hell that means - so I picked up a couple of Southern cookbooks on Amazon. 


I got Katie Lee's cookbook - The Comfort Table - because she's from West Virginia and on my charming reader O.K.'s recommendation.



And I also picked up Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen because Sara's from North Carolina and because I read a very good review of it.

And it's got a chapter on Grits, a chapter on Pigs and a chapter on Cornbread and biscuits... so it sounds promising....

They just came in the mail so I haven't had an opportunity to try anything out yet.  But I'm hoping soon.

Stay tuned for recipe reviews in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love KLJ's book and have made several of her things. I have Sara's book out from the library now and need to get copying! Have you bbeen to her restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you like The Comfort Table! I did not grow up enjoying Southern comfort food (majorly deprived!) and it is one of my favorite cuisines today- love the recipes for pimento cheese (also love ordering it from Callie's Biscuits in Charleston), chicken divan, deviled eggs, flat pies, bistro salad, etc. I also am charmed by KL's sweet stories about growing up in WV and being married to a rock star (too bad it didn't work out). I've heard great things about the Southern Kitchen and will be interested in hearing what you think about it. Lots of cooking to be done in Chateau Bee Charmer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails