3.24.2011

Happy Friday!

Hey!

Guess what? 

This weekend, for the first time in almost 9 years, I get a night off from the puppies in my own house!

My head spins.

As I mentioned before this week, Finn and Lola are having a sleepover with their Aunt Julie and Uncle Chris so they are leaving this afternoon and will be back on Saturday evening.... which means that I get an evening and an entire day to myself with no puppy duty. 

Seriously, Finn is almost 10 years old and I can't remember this happening in the past 6 years or so and seldom before then.  Usually, if they're gone for the night, it means that I'm leaving the next day so there is usually nothing relaxing about their absence - in fact it often increases my stress. 

But tonight, I get to come home and do ---  I don't even know what --- but I will not have to walk the dogs and tomorrow morning I can sleep as long as I want and then sit and drink coffee in my underwear without having to get dressed and walk the dogs.  It will be a rare and (for one night) lovely break. 

Having said that, I imagine I will be approaching pitiful desperation by the time they come home because I hate it when they're gone. 

So have a great weekend.  And thanks for stopping by.  I'm going to leave you with this, which I found to be a wonderful essay on the joy that our dogs bring to us.

xoxox - Tonya
Image:  Weekend by Lovinda.

3 comments:

  1. What a great article! My favorite part is:

    "I sometimes secretly wonder if I might be the sort of person who loves dogs more than I love people, but when I stop to think about it, it’s not that I love dogs more. It’s that overall I love more when there’s a dog around."

    I couldn't agree more!

    Enjoy your reprieve from being a mama, and spoil yourself rotton. I know F&L will want 100% of your attention when they get home tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same could be said for kitties. But mine has been accused of being a dog in a cat's body more than once. Enjoy your puppyless evening, it will be soooo quiet at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa - I think the essay could be tailored to kitties as well! And DSS - I love that quote, too. And for me, it's true... I do love more when the dogs are around.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails