3.21.2011

Happy Monday


Hey!

I have been dreading doing this blog.  Because I have to admit to you all that I did absolutely nothing this weekend. 

I didn't put on any makeup.  I didn't go anywhere - literally, my car didn't move from Friday evening when I came home from work. 

I have nothing to report. 

I was a total bore! 

I had some vague notions to do some stuff.  I meant to go to Target, put gas in the car, pick up the dry cleaning and do some yard work.  I didn't do any of it.  Not one thing.

What did I do?

I napped.  I read.  I watched TV.  I walked the dogs.  In a flurry of Saturday activity I changed the sheets on my bed and dusted downstairs.  Other than that ---  nuthin'.  The sheets are still in the dryer.  I had no desire to fold them. 

Is this type of weekend necessary sometimes?  Is it OK to hit the wall for no apparent reason?  To be absolutely lazy and without motivation? 

I hope so.  'Cause it happens to me about once every 6 to 8 weeks. 

I did finish one of my reading list books.  It was my least favorite so far, although it held my interest.  I'll tell you all about it later.  After I've had some time to think about it. 

I have some plans this week.  I have some arbitrations to deal with.  Other than that my office is in fairly good shape. 

My boss is getting ready to leave for a month - which usually makes me crazy.   Yes.  That is my life.  I actually HATE it when my boss isn't in the office.  He's my security blanket and I hate it when he's gone.  I suppose that separates me from most of the other people working in America who view the boss' absence as a big bonanza work occurrence.  It's my nightmare. 

Thanks for stopping by - especially since I have nothing to say that is the LEAST bit entertaining. 

xo - Tonya
Image:  Be of Comfort by Raceytay.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so, so envious of your weekend!!! I talk a big game about wanting to have a weekend like yours, but it has never happened and I need to make it happen. I am sure the Beans got you outside for walks and a bit of fresh air, but at least where you live, you can open the door and they can run outside in your yard. In New York City, I would have to leave my apartment to physically walk my dogs. There's some so dreamy about the idea of not leaving one's home for an entire weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't really WANT to do it (in my head at least) it's just that I couldn't physically MAKE myself do anything. Usually, you do this when you're sick but I didn't even have that excuse! I was too lazy to go to Chick Fil A, for goodness sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for your for listening to your body! Wow- not even enough energy to go to Chick-Fil-A...now that's saying something. Love that damn place! Please have a breakfast chicken biscuit for me soon, would you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails