3.28.2011

Happy Monday


I had a great weekend.  I hope you all did, too. 

Friday evening and Saturday morning were Beanless.  By Friday bedtime, I was a little forlorn and on Saturday morning, I kind of didn't know what to do with myself.

I spoke with Aunt Julie, though, and you'll all be happy to know that both Beans were very well behaved house guests and enjoyed their sleepover very much.  Lola had a big time at Bark for Life, where she walked with a dachshund named Dieter, and otherwise comported herself like the little lady she is capable of being when she chooses to.  Finn stayed home with Uncle Chris and drank coffee and discussed the busted brackets....

Saturday, in most other ways, was strange.  By all accounts it should have been a miserable day, and yet despite spending hours running errands in the cold, pouring rain, I enjoyed it immensely.  I guess it just goes to show that attitude is 90% of your situation. 

But the spring flowers and trees were so beautiful against the gray and the rain.  And it was nice to have a fire Saturday night and to be snuggled in a warm bed with the rain on the roof.  

On Sunday I spent the day with my friend Sarah and we had a lovely, long, relaxed brunch at Cafe Monte before doing a little shopping and then becoming the last two girls in captivity to see The King's Speech - which was an amazingly good movie and did absolutely nothing to assuage our mutual and raging Colin Firth lust admiration. 

And then there was some random basketball thrown in.   I'm gonna have to pull for Butler from here on out - just so you know....

Let's hope for a week as happy as the weekend, shall we?

xoxo - Tonya
Image:  Water Drops on Spring Leaf by Cassandra Pence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails