6.23.2011

This Charming House

So here's a little update on the powder room...

It occurred to me that I don't think I've ever posted pictures of it. So here's a snap:


It looks a little orange in this picture (due to my limited photography skills) but it's actually hot pink.

Or it was.

When I first bought this place, I wanted this room to make a statement because the rest of my house is so neutral.  And I'm happy that I gave the pink a shot.  But it was too overpowering for that little space and it just didn't work.

It was sort of like being in an oven.  Or a phone booth in hell. 

Either way, not the ambiance I was hoping for....

But changing it proved difficult because I didn't know what I wanted to do. 

Several people suggested wallpaper but I didn't want to make that kind of investment in there.

So I agonized about paint.

Then I saw these pictures in House Beautiful:



The color is called 'Driftscape Tan' by Benjamin Moore.  It's tan on the chip but it has 'amethyst' undertones.  I fell in love with it from the moment I saw it.  

The upshot is that I've always wanted to paint the powder room purple - without, you know - painting it purple....

This is why I'm hoping the Driftscape Tan will work.

Here's a shot of the paint chip:


As you can see, it's not 'purple' on the chip but from what I read, it looks purple on the wall.  In a 'complex color' sort of way.

Yes.  I know.  I think way, way too much about paint....

But  I'm hoping this color will get it done.  I figure at worse it'll just look 'tan'.

And the really, really cool thing I'm excited about is this rug I just picked up for in there from One King's Lane:



$22.00 y'all!  That's not a typo.  Twenty-two dollars!

I'm super excited about it.

I think that in order to get this paint to pull purple I need to put some purple accessories around it.

The painter is coming today.  Keep your fingers crossed for me?  Please???

2 comments:

  1. a small room is almost always forgiving (except if its hot pink!) so i bet it will turn out great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails