6.30.2011

The Witches of East End


I ran into Barnes & Noble on Sunday to buy the latest issue of Elle Decor.

While I was there I decided to take a glance at the 'New Arrivals' table and this one caught my eye.  I read the blurb and thought it looked OK.   I was in the mood for a good 'beach read' so I wrote down the title in my little pink book and when I got home I checked out the reader reviews on Amazon.

They looked pretty good, so I downloaded it.

Y'all, this is such a fun book.

Now, don't get me wrong.  As books go, this was the literary equivalent of a bag of Cheetos.  And it goes down just as fast and easy as a bag of Cheetos and has about as much nutritional value.  But sometimes that's good thing.

It's a fantasy, a mystery and a romance novel all wrapped up in cute little chick lit dust jacket.   All the women are witches and all the men are HOT.

And you know there's some sort of evil in town.

Oh, dear! 

I could not put it down!

I read on Sunday evening until I absolutely had to go to sleep because of that tiresome little necessity I call a 'job' - and I knew I had to get up and go to it...

Then I took it to Court with me on Monday so I could read it while I waited.  I came home for my lunch hour so I could continue to read... and, I have to admit, I kept stealing 5 minutes here and there all afternoon so I could read it on my iPhone under my desk!

I just couldn't help it!  I was dying to find out what would happen.

The cool thing about it is its the first of a series - which I am now officially going to read - apparently.

I mean, what else am I supposed to do?

I've been SUCKED IN! 

If you're looking for a light, fun, entertaining 'beach' read, you may want to check this out.

I was VASTLY entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails