1.15.2010

Happy Friday!



Hey!  It's Friday!  Thank God!

I have no fixed engagements on Sunday, but I am hanging out with my darling friend on Saturday and hopefully - fingers crossed - getting my home office organized at some point. 

I know!  You're all stunned!  It's only taken my 2 years to get around to it!

What can I say?  I've been uninspired, y'all.

I am inspired now because, as previously mentioned, I bought a new IMac.

And with that expenditure, it became official:  I am a technology whore.

No, really.  I am in love with my MacBook Air, but I have found it insufficient even for my paltry home computing needs.  It does what I want it to, and what I fully expected it to do, which is surf the internet and travel wonderfully.

The problem is not entirely the fault of the Air, although its periferal limitations have exacerbated it.   I've been a laptop only household for years.  Mostly because I think desktops are so ugly.  But I'm sick of the hassle and it has become increasingly apparent over the last few years that a larger set up will be helpful for word processing, photo management, running my house and blogging.  And you know, the IMac isn't ugly....

But speaking of the blog,  I hope you've noticed that I've been working on it a bit.  I had been thinking about it for a while - in terms of it's structure and content - but I think the New Year gave me the final push that I needed.   And looking around, it seems like a lot of other bloggers did as well.  At least I'm in good company.

So have a good weekend.  Have a little drink.  Smooch the dogs and smooch your love.  Smooch them twice.  And I'll see you next week.

Image:  The Light in the Darkness by Michael Cargile

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails