1.18.2010

Happy Monday!


Doesn't the thought of a nice cup of coffee make getting out of bed on Monday morning a little less painful?

I woke up this morning to three of my most favorite things:

Full pot of coffee -

Full tank of gas in the car -

All my towels are clean and folded and put away.

Seriously, nothing makes me happier or gives me a greater sense of well-being than having a full tank of gas and a closet full of clean towels.  It makes me feel both grounded and full of possibilities.

And when you open your eyes and know that the coffee is brewed and hot and already waiting for you downstairs - well - what could be nicer than that?

I hope y'all all had a good weekend.

I didn't do much ... Friday night I finished my book on Elizabeth Taylor, which I found incredibly interesting.  She's lived a lot of life.  Then I started The Fixer Upper  - which I downloaded to my Nook.  It's a fluffy romance that revolves around the renovation of an old house.  Two of my favorite things!!  It's going like a can of Pringles so I will be on to something else by Tuesday.  

Oh, and I'm gonna talk about the Nook and Barnes and Noble later this week.

On Saturday I went to Ikea for supplies so I could organize my little home office (more about that later this week, too).  I met my darling friend and we shopped and hung out for most of the day.   After Ikea we decided to eat chili for lunch and then we did a full sweep of Crate and Barrel.  I got some Crate gift cards for Christmas and suddenly, they were burning a hole in my pocket.  I left with a few things for the office, the kitchen and the living room.  Gotta love Crate!

Sunday was gray and lazy and I finished the office and then I finished my taxes.  Yay for Turbotax!  They'll be filed next week as soon as one of the forms is available from the IRS.  Come February I will be a little more debt free than I am today.  Then I went up to On the Border and met another friend for dinner.  My guacamole obsession shows no signs of abating.  In fact, I think it may be worse. 

This morning Finn and I are off to the Vet for his annual checkup.  He loves to go to the Vet.  He gets to go by himself for a ride in the car and once he's there, all the pretty girls make over him.  It's Finn heaven!  

Image: No Sugar Tonight by Little Gray Pixel

3 comments:

  1. love your blog and the recount of your weekend - cozy.....Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week! Really enjoy your blog here in NYC. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, everyone. It's nice to know that someone is reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails