1.19.2010

This Charming House

I worked on the office this past weekend.

The whole work area is a little bit schizophrenic. Target desk, vintage lamp, vintage chair, ubiquitous "Keep Calm" poster and state of the art computer.

In this picture, it looks a little bit like an Apple Shrine.



Strangely, even though it doesn't go with the rest of the house, I like my little desk area.  I think it's got pizzazz and it makes me happy to sit there and work.  Which may be half the battle.

As for the main mess in this room - I spent several hours cleaning out and organizing the office closet  in order to accommodate my printer and all my office stuff.  I put it all in the closet because it's a small room and I had room in the closet and even though it looks nicely organized, I still don't want to look at it all the time. 

I am really happy with it!

Two days and $40 worth of Ikea organization boxes makes a HUGE difference!  And now that I can actually FIND all the stuff that used to be piled on this shelf in no particular order - for two years - well, I just love it and I wish I had done it before now.  The only bummer is that I really wanted pink boxes but they don't have them anymore, at least not at my Ikea. 



Here's a close up of the new wireless printer.  I'm getting an outlet installed in the closet so I can plug it in without a hassle.  Notice all my pretty sharpies in their cups.  I have a friend who used to work for Newell Rubbermaid and she hooked me up! Now I can write boldly in any number of colors!



And just so ya know, we listed to ADELE while we put boxes together... I'll just say that her CD lent itself to that kind of work.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails