1.25.2010

Happy Monday



Hi!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I didn't really do ANY of the things that I had planned.  But I guess that in some ways that makes a good weekend.

One of the best things about this past weekend - for me - is that I didn't wear an ounce of makeup for the duration.  It was probably pretty ugly for all the innocent bystanders, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I got up early Saturday to take the Beans to the spa but Lola woke up squicky so we postponed until next weekend.  One thing you don't want to take to the dog spa is a squicky Bean.

My friend came down for dinner on Friday night and decided to crash.  Somewhere along the line she decided that my house is her pied-a-terre.  It was great, though.  We love guests here at Chateau Bee Charmer.

On Saturday morning we had coffee and then went to get pedicures before heading over to a fabulous breakfast at the Charlotte Cafe.  Two eggs, bacon, home fries, toast and coffee for $4.99.  Can't beat that with a stick, y'all.

On Sunday morning, I finally made it to Target.  I went early while it was sparsely populated.  And I had to get done and out so I could make it to my noon massage appointment.

And that was GREAT.  I love my massage therapist.  She's really good and she always finishes by cleansing my aura.  I'm not sure if I believe in all that stuff but I like that she does it.  And you know I figure it couldn't hurt - one less thing and all.

In less mundane and more mental news, I thought about Paris all weekend.  It was cold and rainy here this weekend, as it was the first time I went to Paris.  I loved that week.  I was so in love with Paris I didn't care that I cold and soggy.  So I thought about it and remembered those feelings and felt them in Charlotte.  I'm sure there's a word for that and it bugs me that I don't know what it is.....

I'm not sure how much I talk to y'all about Paris. You know I just love it.  It changed me in profound ways and I carry it around with me every day.

I also thought a lot about my house this weekend.  I actually think about my house a lot.  Almost more than anything else.  It is so deeply important to me.  It is my dream and my life and my safety.  It's clean and it's safe and it's mine.  I don't know if I can every really express what that means to me.  And I want to make it feel like Paris.  I want it to be cozy and warm and elegant and welcoming.  French and deeply, deeply southern. 

I watched a couple of episodes of the Barefoot Contessa this weekend.  One I've seen before and the other was new.  They both inspired me to cook so I think I may do that this week.  I used to cook all the time, but since I've moved I've gotten away from it.  I am beginning to miss it, though, so I'll let you know how my roast chicken and tomato gratin dinner turn out.  The gratin looked divine and reminded me of summer.  I want those aromas in my house!! 

You know, I think we fill our houses with the things we love and it gives them life.  Our art, our books, our things, our pets, our perfume, our music.  The smell of coffee and lavender bath salt and peonies in the spring.  Roast chicken.  U2.  Steely Dan.  People Magazine....

And in case you're wondering, I didn't touch the damn closet this weekend.  Didn't even think about it. 

Image:  Monday in Paris by Hilary Upton

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I'm back, not rested but so inspired from the conference! :) Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I'm interested to hear the scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is is transcendence...or a transcendental state...you can be in one place but feel like you are in another?! Really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it is! Transmogrification maybe...although I think I just made that up.

    I'm glad you like it. It's nice to know somebody out there actually reads it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes- really enjoy it. You are a great writer- with a very thoughtful, engaging, fun and honest voice! I used to live in Charlotte- briefly- and it's also nice for me to hear about what someone is up to there. I hope that you allow yourself a little evening fun out on the town- you never know who you might meet being out and about. Not that there is anything wrong with being single (and truthfully, you seem independent and happy), but it might be interesting to 'mix it up' a bit. Just an unsolicited thought...hope it doesn't offend you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't offend me. You sound like everybody else!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails