1.29.2010

Happy Friday!


Hey!  Happy Friday.  

I took the day off from work today, fully expecting to wake up to nasty weather but as it turns out, it's pretty gorgeous outside.  It's not gonna last, though.  We are planning to hunker down for a winter storm that's going to start tonight.  We're forecasted for a mixture of sleet, snow and ice.  Charlotte is on the cusp of something, I don't know what.  Since I live in the southern part of the city, I will probably just get rain and a little sleet and the people a little more north of me will get six inches of snow.  I'm not sure how that works, except to say that I live on the border of where water gets frozen.  Go figure.

In any event, we're waiting it out and I really hope that we'll get some snow.  I love a good snowy weekend.  And the Beans love the snow, too.

In the meantime, I'm gonna head out for provisions and make some French lentil vegetable soup because that sounds like a good thing to eat on a nasty weekend.  I'm also going to head over to the Sleepy Poet Antique Mall and shop for some inexpensive flea market bling for a project I'm working on.  If all goes well, I'll update you next week.

So have a snuggly weekend, y'all, wherever you are.  Have a little drink.  Sleep a little late.  Tell somebody that you love how much you love them.  In fact, tell them twice.

And I'll see you on Monday.

Image:  Bauble by Anne Kristoff

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for taking the day off- I'm envious! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails