1.11.2010

Manic Monday



Hi!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Me - not all that great, but it got better by Sunday morning.  I will spare you the sordid details but it is sufficient to say that I had a little bit of a breakdown on Saturday and my darling friend was lovely enough to come and sit with me while I had my crying, ridiculous, anxiety driven fit.  There are still days that I'd love to take the easy way out and just pop a nerve pill - which is West Virginia colloquial for "xanax". 

I don't really know what caused it and I really don't think it matters.  I think that sometimes, even the best of us just have to have a day.

And I had one on Saturday.  But I took a lot of deep breaths and practiced sitting with the uncomfortable. 

Anyway - I think this is gonna be a good week.  No court.  No conference calls.  No visiting relatives.  No (fingers crossed) swine flu.  The bills are paid, the Beans are well and I have an appointment to get my hair cut on Tuesday.

Ah, the hair.  I haven't mentioned it in a while because I'm just trying to ignore it as much as possible while it grows out.  It's in the worst part right now.  The part where it looks a little bit like a mushroom/mullet.  It's killing me.

My mother said to me over Christmas - 'I love your hair.  I want mine to look like that - like Suze Orman'.

I threw up a little bit in my mouth.   

Yeah, that did not help me feel better about it.

So Jeremy over at Varji and Varji is going to shape it up a bit and cut some of my little mullet tail off while the rest of it catches up.  I keep telling myself that I'm almost through the worst of it, but it's not much comfort at this point but I do think that by the summer it'll at least be to the point of a short bob.  

And that's where we are on this Monday, dear readers - happy that the breakdown is (mostly) over and with a goal for the summer - enough hair for a short bob....

Image:  Coffee Break by Leslie Thomson

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Kid! You don't know me, but I'm rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails