2.23.2009

The Right Frame of Mind


As I said, this time last year I was anxiously awaiting closing on my first house.

You could say I was a little stressed. And for a long time, I wasn't stressed in a good way, especially in the beginning. I wanted to enjoy this process but I was making myself miserable.

A few weeks after I signed the contract I re-read "Under the Tuscan Sun". I really love that book. Frances Mayes has the same affinity for houses and their meaning as I do. As I read about the stress and anxiety she felt when she bought a house in a foreign country, I was comforted in knowing that others had suffered with the same kind of excitement and worry that I was feeling. Then I read the line that really changed it all for me.

"Think: What if the sky does not fall? What if it's glorious?"

And I started to think about my glorious house and you know what?

That's what I got.

1 comment:

  1. do me a favor.
    PLEASE.
    apply this new thinking to everything. EVERYTHING.
    you know what i mean.
    do it! (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails