2.25.2009

House Tour Part VIII

Welcome to the second guest bedroom/office! I know, I know, you've mostly seen it all before but since it's pretty much together at this point I thought I'd "officially" blog it.

Notice the snazzy art grid of Ikea happiness on the wall! I just finished it tonight. I used a laser level and a tape measure. I swear, the cussing was minimal.
I am talking about this room so late because it has been difficult from the beginning. There are two reasons this room is so problematic. First of all, I would have really liked to just have the room be an office/den. However, I needed another bed, but because the room is so small, I had to go with a twin bed. Since it's a mixed use room, it feels a little schizophrenic to me. The second problem is that the room is long and very narrow so furniture placement possibilities are limited.

My darling decorator believes that we should make the wall behind the bed the focal point in the room by hanging floor to ceiling curtains that stretch all the way across. Therefore, the curtains behind the bed right now are temporary until this issue is resolved. However, just today my darling decorator emailed me and she has successfully tracked down perfect drapery fabric! It's the right color, the right pattern and the right price. She is supernaturally talented! We'll keep you posted on our progress but we hope to measure and get the drapes going really soon.
Here's my little bill paying desk. I got it for Christmas from my best friend about 8 years ago. I love it. It is from Target and is certainly not expensive, but it has good lines and is the perfect size for my needs - and of course it looks fabulous with the Formerly Ugly Chair. I also want to point out my vintage genie bottle lamp which I scored at the Sleepy Poet's Antique Mall. I am very proud to have found it, sort of like I won a prize or something.
Finally, here is a shot of the opposite wall which is mostly taken up with a large and well used book case. In case you haven't noticed, I have a lot of books. I try to keep it moderately organized but I really need to spend some time making it a little prettier. Bookcases are a science and an art and I really need to be in the mood to do them and suffice it to say I haven't been in the mood for a very. long. time. If I decide to work on it, I'll be sure to let ya'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails