10.01.2010

Happy Friday!


So, how can I put this?

I've HAD IT!

Had.

It.

Sick Beans is the WORST, y'all.

Lola has ANOTHER hot spot.  And we went to the vet yesterday and we're going back today.

Finn had to have three teeth pulled on Wednesday, including two pretty big ones, which means he's been swollen, cranky and drooly.

This would probably not be such a big deal if I weren't such an overprotective worrywart of a mother.

So I'm happy for the weekend and I can stay home with them and take care of them.  

The thing about going away (which I did last weekend) is that you just work all week and then you go away for the better part of 4 days and then you come home and have to jump right back into work and it just seems like I've been running and trying to catch up for the entire week.  The house is dirty, the car is dirty, the laundry is dirty, the sheets all need to be changed, errands need to be run and the Beans are sick and cranky.

And I know the blog has suffered this week, but I've just been tired and distracted.

And have I mentioned that after weeks of living a city devoid of rains, it's been monsooning this week?  I mean the rain is nice, but walking sick dogs in the rain sucks. 

Woe is me.

So think of me this weekend and wish me sleep and some rest!

And I'll see you on Monday.
Image:  Colorful Glass Candy by Hena Tayeb Photography.

9 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and those sweet little beans. Hope that you all feel relaxed and refreshed by Sunday. Rainy days are excellent for laying low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be beautiful this weekend, which means I will be compelled to act! Seriously, if I can just get Lola's belly cleared up I will be a new person. This has been going on since June and I hate that she's pretty much living in an E Collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woe is me! I live on the coast and we had so much rain yesterday the road to my neighborhood washed out and we have not had water since last night. Tried to make a call and now my phone is out! The only way out of here is by boat! When and if we get water today, it will have to be boiled for a day or so. I usually keep an emergency stash of drinking water, especially during hurricane season, but I used that on a trip a couple weeks ago and have not replenished my stash. At least I have electricity for now. Knock on Wood!

    I am so sorry about your dogs. Maybe once the weather cools down they will be more comfortable.

    Kick your shoes off and relax. Don't worry about the mess, it will always be there tomorrow!

    Wanda

    PS. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda! Bless your heart! I don't know how y'all live through these storms out there. I am remembering you in my prayers. Stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Beans! Poor you! I hope they are feeling better soon. Rufus has about one hotspot a year on his chest but we have some prescribed spray that seems to do the trick.

    I totally know what you mean about the vacation thing - we were gone 5 days and it's been a rat race ever since. This weekend won't be very restful either, but at least I'm not at work!

    Hope you get some time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Bee, poor Beans, I know you all are just ragged...tackle one mess at a time, and do what you can. Best part will be time spent with angels. It always is...Take care...Love blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor sweet beans :( Poor sweet Bee Charmer. I hope you had a very restful weekend, and there was lots of cuddle time with Finn and Lola. I don't know what a "hot spot" is, but it doesn't sound very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope for your sake, an Louis', you never find out about hot spots. They are the pits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails