10.21.2010

The Weekly Bean

Someone made a "mess" in the guest bedroom.  I will spare you the gory details and the photographic evidence.  Suffice it to say that it was obvious and unmistakable.

The suspects were assembled:

I said:  "Excuse me..."


I said:  "Who made potty in the guest room?"


If you'll notice, Finn looks a little sheepish which means he knew about it and didn't say anything.  Lola has mastered the innocent  "Huh?  What are you talking about" look.


Then I get the "Don't be mad at me, please don't be mad at me, you're not really that mad, look how cute I am, please don't be made at me" face.... 

And it's hard for me to be mad at him 'cause I know he didn't do it. 

*notice the conspicuous absence of Bean participation during this part of the whole thing....*

And then after I tell her I know she did it, I get this face:


This is the "That was a million years ago and I can't even remember back that far and I'm not going to admit it even if I do remember it and you can't prove anything and Finn might have done it and if you think I'm going to apologize you're crazy" look.

She will maintain plausible deniability at all costs....

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a way to start a day , the discovery of a misdeed :-(.....Still, those two faces....The guilty usually drop to ground, face between paws, looking up, hopefully displaying innocence, yet confirming guilt. That's what mine do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having only one, I still get that, "Oh, it was....um....surely there has to be someone else here...um...." look. Lucky he's so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their faces, and your commentary, are priceless! Sweet Beans. When you have to go, you have to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! They're lucky they're so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! This absolutely cracked me up. Your commentary and the pictures were so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Finn is incredibly committed to responsible pottying and if he goes in the house, it's because he's sick. Lola has always had an attitude that pottying in the house is entirely optional. Believe me, she wasn't sorry or apologetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet beans! Isn't it just almost funny? I mean not funny, of course, but kind of?

    Louis made potty on the hard wood in the hall, and I said to him "louis you come here right now and tell me what this is, please". And he peeked around the corner, and his ears were pinned to his head, and he would not have eye contact with me. And THEN, he started whimpering. As if I had somehow injured him?

    And somehow I found myself loving on him and giving him a treat. Clearly there is a problem here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes. That is the way it is here. The problem is that they do so well most of the time, it's hard for me to be really mad about the occasional accident.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and adorable! My cat occasionally eats too quickly (she has a food obsession). We have an automatic feeder that shoots the food out at 5 am and 5 pm. We call it her food fairy. Anyway, this morning, at 5 a.m. i hear Tinkerbell (that's her name) starting her upchucking noise and she's on the carpet in my bedroom, and I quickly jump up and push her onto the hardwood floors in the hall and she does her thing. I clean it up. Horrible way to start the day! oh well. it's few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate the "Pet Yak" alarm clock. I get that sometimes, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails