10.13.2010

This Charming Closet

So you all know that earlier this summer I blogged about the sad, sad state of my favorite pair of 14 year old cut off blue jean shorts......

Despite the fact that they were falling apart in June I wore them all summer.

I mean, I looked for a new pair, but I had no luck.  I even tried to find an equally-vintage-but-in-better- shape pair on Ebay.  No dice.

On Monday night, I wore them when I went to get my facial and when I was changing into my robe I realized that the holes in the butt are no longer bordering on obscene, but have crossed on over into absolutely inappropriate to be worn out of my house.  I can't deny it anymore.

In the meantime, I've been lusting for these shorts, which Halle Berry has been rocking this summer.




Near as I have been able to tell, they are the Siwy Denim Camilla Cut Offs in the wonder wash.  So, I ordered them.  I feel like I ought to apologize for spending so much money on them, but I won't for 3 reasons:

First, I don't have to put children through college.  The upshot of that is that I can spend more on clothes.

Second, I have pretty much lived in my cutoffs for the past 14 years.  As a result of this, my previous pair of $20 cutoffs have literally fallen apart.  They no longer have the molecular makeup of denim..... So, it's not like the new ones won't be worn.

Third, I had a coupon.  I mean, not before I started shopping but I sure as hell looked for one before I committed to buy them.  There is just something about getting 10% off that makes shopping easier, isn't there?

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. It's ALL about the coupon. Hope you love your new shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally not feel bad about that. If you did a cost per wear, those shorts will probably be one of the least expensive things in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails