6.18.2010

Close Encounters of the Amphibian Kind


A frog touched my bare foot last night!

Oh!  Ick!  Ugh!

I took Finn and Lola out for their evening stroll at around 9:30.  We go that late for two reasons: It's cool enough that I've got half a shot of getting Finn to at least walk around the block and it's dark enough that I don't have to wear a bra....

As we were walking by some new townhouses that are currently under construction, I saw what I thought was a clod of dirt or something on the side walk.  As I walked by, it jumped at about the same time as my foot moved and it landed on my toes!  Only then did I realize that it was alive!  A frog!  On my toes!!!!  Let this be a cautionary tale of the consequences of choosing flip flops....very little frog protection. 

I did a full body heeby jeeby meltdown right there on the sidewalk, in the dark, in front of God, the Beans and all my (also strolling with hot dogs and perhaps no bra) neighbors!

Eewwwwhhh...

I don't care if it was a cute little frog (or even a prince in disguise) I get full body shivers just thinking about it.
Image:  From Frog to Prince by Malinda Ballesteros Photography.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one! any reptilian or amphibian creature causes me much panic and anxiety. I think if it had been me out walking, I would never go that way again. we have to walk Koda at night too in the summer because he melts in the heat

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell Finn that he and Koda are in it together. It'll probably make him feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails