6.24.2010

Shopping

You know, when I fall off the wagon, I really don't do it in a half-assed way. Fortunately, I'm so enamored of the cute that I'm not really worried about the credit card bill right now....

These are the Steve Madden Kinetic flats from Nordstrom.  I like them.  They are just the right amount of sparkly to go with my shorts and skirts.   However, like every other pair of Steve Madden shoes that I've ever purchased, they rub my feet.  *Heavy Sigh*.  Still,  I'll wear them - because they're cute and  I'm a shoe slave.... Seriously, you just get to the point where you don't even feel your feet anymore...



I also got these:



the BP Frankie flat.  Also at Nordstrom.  I found them surprisingly neutral, given the print and I see from Vogue that animal prints will be HUGE this fall, so they'll carry me through.  They looked really cute with my khaki shorts/black t-shirt shopping outfit...

And then I got these:



I never pegged myself for a Chuck Taylor kind of girl, but I've been seeing them more and more lately and I've warmed to them.  And when I put them on I had to do a little happy dance.  They're fun little grocery store and dog walking and flea market shoes.  Sold.

And then I also got these - which are marketed by J. Crew as the 'miracle' pant....


I'm not sure that they're a miracle for me.  In reality they're called the Minnie Pant.  I'm still on the fence about them.  I think I got the wrong size, though and I really think that they're too short.  I know they're supposed to be short, but I think mine are too short.   I see from the website that they come in 'long' so I'm going to head back over there today.  Despite my shortness, I have incredibly long legs.  Seriously.  I'm 5'4" and 3 and 1/2 feet of it is legs.  If my torso were proportional to my legs I'd be 4" taller.  Also, being PMS-y and bloated is never a good time to try out skinny pants.   In any event, they are super comfortable and look great with the new flats so we'll see.....

4 comments:

  1. They looked perfect great on you! You got the right size though... smaller and they'll be shorter. Plus look how they fit the model at her ankle-- same as on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took then back and got the smaller size. After I wore them around the house for a few minutes, they stretched and were too big in the front. The lady at J.Crew agreed when I exchanged them. She had me try them with a long boyfriend sweater (which I also got) and then I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. steve madden shoes always kills me too. but the feet will numb to them eventually :) LOVE & WANT those leopard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leopard ones are very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails