6.17.2010

Fiamma


My darling friend and I had dinner at Fiamma last night.

A-mazing.  Really.  I forgot I was in Charlotte for a minute. 

You have to put aside the fact that it's in a strip mall....  It doesn't matter.  The food is outstanding.  The service is so, so, so excellent.  The wine.  The dessert.  The FOOD. 

We ate like little pigs and left like....two very happy, stuffed little pigs.

Go there.  Immediately, if not sooner.  

And if they will give you the melon with prosciutto, dates and aged balsamic, don't just sit there!  Order it!  Devour it!  And if you have any illusions that you will want to share it with the other people at your table, let me disabuse you of that notion right now.  You will not share.  I told my friend - "get your own".  She didn't understand.  Then when it came, she understood.  It's not shareable.  So spare yourselves the agony and resentment and make everybody get their own.

Just sayin'.

And if your waiter tells you what to get and how to order it, listen to him.  He knows what he's talking about.

2 comments:

  1. Is Fiamma a new restaurant? Where is it in CLT? Glad you had a spectacular meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not new and I ate there a couple of years ago and then forgot about it for reasons that I cannot explain. Its at 2418 Park Road. It's very unassuming but really amazing. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails