6.15.2010

The Oil Company and the Damage Done


I had to stop to buy gas on the way home from my parents' house this weekend.

The BP was closest and the Shell was up the road.  I thought about it for a second, and then I chose the Shell station.

For a minute there, I though I started my own little BP boycott.   Then I did a little research and discovered that boycotting BP branded gas stations really only hurts the small business owners, not BP.

*heavy sigh*

At least it made me feel better about the whole thing for a little while.....
Image:  Cold Spring by Poofny.

1 comment:

  1. we don't have BP stations per se here, but the other day when we driving to visit my husband's parents, we drove by a local chain of gas stations here and they had a sign "now hiring" and directed the person to apply at BP.com. So I guess somehow that gas station is connected with them. It is just a shame all around with this oil spill.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails