6.18.2010

North State Books

This is my new favorite place in the world....

I imagine it's what the used book store in heaven will be like.

I had to run over to Lincolnton, North Carolina for calendar call yesterday afternoon, and since I was early I dropped by here to check it out.  Having done so, I think I may need to rent an apartment or something in Lincolnton to facilitate my upcoming visits.

Man!  Let's just say that books were bought, y'all.

In the span of 10 minutes I found (and purchased) the following:
  1. The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
  2. Saturday by Ian McEwan (hardcover)
  3. Amsterdam by Ian McEwan (hardcover)
  4. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
  5. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner; and
  6. Light in August by William Faulkner
He had a whole, like, William Faulkner section and I had just decided earlier this week to have a whole William Faulkner summer so I figured that the stars are aligned....

$26.68....

I can't wait to go back!
Image:  North State Books by Skippy Ha Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails